South King County is getting involved! Thanks to the increased assistance from the United Way of King County, the City of SeaTac and Highline Public Schools are partnering with multiple organizations to involve volunteers around our communities in South King County. The YMCA, Global to Local, Lutheran Community Services and Southwest Youth and Family Services are teaming up with the city and schools to bring together our community in new ways! We rely on skilled and dedicated volunteers to achieve our mission of changing lives through jobs. By giving of your time and your talents, you can become an integral part of this mission and benefit not just the people our organizations serve, but our entire community.
- Change the lives of young people and be a part of the local Schools
- In an office or at a front desk
- One-day Special events
- Design a website or help maintain one
- Find an internships or Service Learning or volunteer as a student
- Tutor at your local library
- Tax Preperation
- Help seniors maintain their health and independence with nutritious food
Benefits of Volunteering
- Acquire skills in teaching ESL/Citizenship/Job Training or tutoring school-aged children
- Help refugee and immigrant adults gain familiarity with the U.S. culture and community resources
- Gain a new skill
- Learn about the social services network in South King County
- Be a part of an exciting, community-based effort to make a difference in the lives of refugees and immigrants, families, children and our community.
- Be part of your community!
- Boost your career options
- Healthier body
The most important qualification is a desire to work with and help people from diverse cultures and backgrounds. In all our volunteer positions, past experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Tutoring qualifications: Must pass a background check if working with children.
Minimum time commitment
Due to the training and orientation required, we ask that volunteers make a commitment of at least three to six months. Unless they make other arrangements, volunteers are scheduled for a 2- to 3-hour period, one day per week.
Ready to get involved? Please contact David Daw, at (206) 243-1991 or David@skchs.org.
Sign up below to get involved and volunteer!